Please see below for a list of links to Local, State & Government Agencies.
- Official Web site of New Kent County
- New Kent County E-911 Street Map Book
- New Kent County Community Calendar
- New Kent County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Access Page
- New Kent County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping Site
- Hanover Fire & EMS
- Ready Virginia
Ready Virginia is a statewide public education effort to prepare Virginians for all hazards, including natural disasters and potential terrorist attacks. The Ready Virginia Web site is a central, authoritative resource for preparedness information for all Virginians. The three key areas of preparedness are 1. Get a Kit | 2. Make a Plan | 3. Stay Informed. In an effort to assist citizens jumpstart emergency preparedness for themselves and their familys, NKFR is pleased to provide the following links to some of Ready Virginia’s organizations forms:
- 1. Get a Kit – pdf checklist of key items every kit should include;
- 2. Make a Plan – pdf form focused on the basic information that should be included any emergency plan;
- 3. Stay Informed- pdf guidelines for being informed and receiving alerts, including via a weather radio
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management – Protecting the lives and property of Virginia’s citizens from emergencies and disasters by coordinating the state’s emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery efforts.
- Assistant to the Governor for Commonwealth Preparedness
Works to develop a seamless, coordinated security and preparedness strategy and implementation plan. The office also serves as the liaison between the Governor and the federal Department of Homeland Security.
- VA Office of Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Office of EMS provides support EMS providers, firefighters, rescue workers, and other emergency medical agencies and organizations
- VA Department of Fire Programs (VDFP)
VDFP coordinates and delivers fire emergency services education and training programs for the fire and emergency response community, public, law enforcement and industry for the purpose of protecting and defending the commonwealth against the loss of life and property.
- Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code
- U.S. Fire Administration for Citizens
USFA.DHS.gov is the official Web site of the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Academy. Here you will find training and educational opportunities for the Fire Service and allied organizations. Also available are fire statistics, public fire education campaign materials, and information on funding opportunities.
- Regional Preparedness Advisory Committee (RPAC-I, Region 1)
- Dominion Power Customer Service
- Dominion Power Storm Center
- Customers can keep up with the weather, real-time electric outage maps and restoration information, safety tips and much more.
- National Weather Service for New Kent County, VA
National Weather Service Watches, Warnings or Advisories for New Kent County
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Safety Tip Sheets
Be Mobile Ready
The Ready Virginia mobile app, created by the Virginia Department of Emergency Management is an interactive tool that makes it easier than ever to be prepared for emergencies. The free app for iPhone® and Android™ devices provides emergency planning and guidance and other robust features not previously available in any mobile application.
|May - 2013|
Copyright © 2013
New Kent Fire-Rescue
PO Box 209
New Kent, Virginia 23124