Find out why Debris Burning is the #1 Cause of Wildfires in Virginia and what you can do to minimize the risk when burning debris in New Kent County.
Plan Ahead! If a fire breaks out in your home, you may have only a few minutes to get out safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Everyone needs to know what to do and where to go if there is a fire.
New Kent Fire-Rescue
Building our organization one member at a time.
New Kent Fire-Rescue was established to provide all fire and emergency medical services to the residents of the county of New Kent, as well as services related to civilian safety and evacuation in disasters and emergencies.
New Kent County takes pride in having a combined volunteer and career department that complements each others’ abilities and talents to best serve its residents. The following functions of our department continue to be the driving force in creating an organization with one mission: every decision results in improved service delivery to the customer.
- Provide a safe environment in which our customers live and visit.
- Minimize the threat of all disasters, including fire through awareness, preparation and mitigation.
- Provide the highest quality of emergency medical treatment at the basic and advanced life support levels.
- Take a proactive approach to developing relationships with our business community in the areas of fire prevention and education, economic development, and emergency preparedness.
- Seek alternative funding methods to provide the maximum level of fiscal responsibility.
- Safely provide aggressive response with trained personnel in all emergencies.
- Provide a seamless integration of all emergency responders, focusing on Competency, Compassion, and Consistency.
- Create a system that makes interoperability a standard practice.
Register today for New Kent County's rapid emergency notification system to be, and keep, informed in the event of a weather-related emergency, a missing child alert or any other emergency situation affecting/impacting our area. Registering your contact information takes little time and can be done securely from New Kent's Community Notification Enrollment webpage. With the 2013 tornado season already very active and the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season just now starting, be proactive and enroll in CodeRED® to ensure you're in the know when an emergency strikes.
Be Mobile Ready
The Ready Virginia mobile app, created by the Virginia Department of Emergency Management is an interactive tool that makes it easier than ever to be prepared for emergencies. The free app for iPhone® and Android™ devices provides emergency planning and guidance and other robust features not previously available in any mobile application.
|June - 2013|
Copyright © 2013
New Kent Fire-Rescue
PO Box 209
New Kent, Virginia 23124